A Class A Mechanics Story

| |
I am a Class "A" Mechanic and when my 2000 Intrepid with 73,450Kms on it started to rattle I immediately shut it down. It was a good thing we did as the timing chains and tensioners were shot and the engine was completely sludged up. I have changed the oil and filter every 5,000 kms or less and yet at two Chrysler Dealers I was told my problem was due to my lack of Maintenance!



When they found out I was a mechanic and did indeed do my oil changes they changed their tune and admitted to the problem as global in the 2.7 litre engine. They wanted to automatically replace the engine for $5,500.00 to $6,000 and would not entertain rebuilding the engine. I had a local engine rebuilder clean the engine complete and replace all components such as bearing, rings, pumps etc... as well as the complete timing system. It cost me $3,162.50 but is Ѕ of Chrysler. Good Luck to all that owns a 2.7 Litre engine.



E-mail your dodge engine story to My Dodge Story. 2.7L engine owners read intrepidhorrorstories.blogspot.com

Related Posts by Categories

0 comments:

Post a Comment